Mosaic icon for the Greek Orthodox Church of the Nativity of the Mother of God in Walsall, West Midlands.
This was a project in which we helped our customer, Irini Katsouli, produce a traditional formula used on other Greek Orthodox churches. The church was originally called St. Mary and all Saints church and was erected in 1901-2 to the designs of JEK & JP Cutts.
The mixture of mortar to bed the mosaic consists of lime putty, marble dust, sand and pozzolan.
Builders: Mac Jarmen and Costas Batham.
Parish Priest: Father John Nankivell