Lime Render and Silicate Paint:
EXAMPLE LIME RENDER SPECIFICATION
- Dub out any deep holes in the wall with a Haired Lime Mortar. Rebuild defects with bricks, stone or cob blocks as appropriate.
- Treat wooden lintels with preservative and counter batten with lath if rendering over them.
- Apply a 3 mm hand harled coat of Secil Consolidation Mortar to provide a key to the wall. Leave to dry for a minimum of 24 hours.
- 15 mm scratch coat of Haired Lime Mortar with added pozzolan (Argical) to smooth the contours of the wall. The hair reduces any slumping whilst applying and shrinkage cracking whilst curing. Key with a scratch comb. Leave to dry for approximately 5-7 days. Repeat
- 10 mm float coat of Unhaired Lime Mortar with added pozzolan (Argical).
- For a rough cast finish, apply an additional coat of hand harled lime mortar or Secil Consolidation Mortar.
Safety: Lime is caustic. Always wear eye protection and protective gloves and clothing and follow the safety instructions on the labels.