Boracol 5Rh by ACS is a clear solution containing Disodium octaborate tetrahydrate (DOT) and Benzalkonium chloride for use as a surface biocide and wood preservative.
Boracol 5Rh is suitable for both amateur and professional use.
This product is an HSE approved product 8984
- As a surface biocide to eradicate and inhibit organic growth (algae, mould and lichen) on all substrates.
- As a wood preservative treatment against woodworm (Anobium punctatum) and other wood boring insects.
- As a wood preservative treatment against wood rotting fungi.
- As a algae, black spot mould treatment for yacht teak decks.
- Multi-use preservative with wide spectrum of activity.
- Low VOC (Volatile Organic Content).
- Practically odourless and non-staining.
- Non flammable.
- Equally effective on masonry and timber.
USE AS A SURFACE BIOCIDE AGAINST EXTERNAL ORGANIC GROWTH (algae, mosses, mould).
- Remove any thick layers of organic growth with a suitable brush or scraper.
- Apply Boracol 5RH under dry conditions using a coarse spray to saturate the surface.
- Allow to dry thoroughly and apply a second coat if required.
- Apply to refusal, as coverage will be governed by the porosity and type of substrate i.e. wood, brickwork, concrete.
- Allow to dwell on the surface for 1 to 2 days depending on the extent of the organic growth.
- Remove and hand or power washing but some mechanical assistance or scrubbing may be required during removal.
- Boracol 5RH is suitable for application on roofs, walls, timber, paths and patios.
USE AS A SURFACE BIOCIDE AGAINST INTERNAL MOULD GROWTH
- Prepare surfaces by removing non-washable and loose material, e.g. flaking paint, grease, dirt, mould or wallpaper.
- Make good any surface defects and rub down to a smooth finish.
- Wash down the prepared area with the Boracol 5RH using a sponge, scrubbing brush cloth or brush.
- Allow to dry thoroughly.
- Apply a second wash in badly soiled areas if required and allow to dry.
USE AS A WOOD PRESERVATIVE
- Clean all wooden surfaces using a brush or vacuum.
- Cover electrical installations, water tanks, stored goods and isolate adjacent areas not requiring treatment.
- Lift floorboards as required and clean out debris.
- Treat all accessible areas with the working solution of Boracol 5RH using brush or coarse spray.
- Under normal circumstances one coat will be sufficient but ensure that all accessible wood surfaces are thoroughly wetted out. Any surfaces that absorb the Boracol 5RH rapidly should be sprayed again at the time.
- Apply a second coat after one to eight hours where there is severe fungal attack or the presence of House Longhorn beetle (Hylotrupes bajulus).
- Brush: 1 litre to 2 – 4 m²
- Coarse Spray: 1 litre to 2 – 4 m²
ACS Mould/Algae Treatment Comparison
|Boracol 5Rh||Mould Wash Concentrate||Mould Eradication Additive|
|Description||Surface Biocide and wood treatment||Fungicidal cleaner and surface biocide||Biocidal additive for decorating products to improve mould resistance|
|Active against||Algae and moulds||Mould, Fungi, Mildew and Algae||Mould|
|Uses||Decking, garden furniture, stone patios and paths||Masonry, tiles, wood and painted surfaces. Mainly a pre-wash treatment.||Added to paints, grouts and wallpaper paste following pre-treatment with ACS Mould Wash concentrate.|
|Packaging||Ready to use liquid||Liquid concentrate||Liquid additive|
|Application method||Brush/roller/spray/dip||Sponge/brush/cloth||50 ml added to 2.5 Litres of decorating product|
|Number of coats||2||1||–|
|Coverage/litre||2 – 4 m²||10 – 12 m²||–|
|Active ingredients||DOT, BAC||BAC||IPBC|
|Bat Friendly (TIN092)||No||No||No|
|Size||5 litre||250 ml||50 ml|
COPR: Control of Pesticides Regulations 1986
BPR: Biocidal Products Regulations
IPBC: Iodopropynyl Butyl Carbanate
DOT: Disodium Octaborate Tetrahydrate
BAC: Benzalkonium Chloride
TIN092: Natural England Technical Information Note TIN092