Ecobor 44 is a special boron-based, brushable and injectable wood preservative gel used to treat against dry and wet rot as well as wood destroying insects.
Ecobor 44 wood preservative gel has been designed for use on all timbers at high risk of damage or decay such as joist ends, purlins, wall plates, cut ends and rafter ends.
Suitable for amateur and professional use, Ecobor 44 leaves no surface residues after treatment, is non-staining and can be overpainted in time.
- Brushable and injectable multi-use gel.
- Excellent highly penetrating preservative for the control of wood – rotting fungiand wood boring insects.
- Approved under COPR 1986 for use as a wood preservative.
- Low environmental hazard – no hazard symbol under COPR 1986.
- Clean, easy to handle and virtually non-drip.
- A clear and non-staining preservative gel.
- Odourless and non-flammable.
- Permanent protection because the active ingredient does not break down.
Directions For Use:
Treatment of wood boring insects and fungal decay:
- Clean all wooden surfaces using a brush or vacuum cleaner.
- To aid brushing out on any timbers, which are very dry or remains dusty, apply a little water to the surface before the application of ACS Ecobor 44.
- Apply a generous brush coat of ACS Ecobor 44, taking care to ensure that end grains, corners and joints are well treated. Brush apply to any surfaces exposed by cutting after initial treatment.
- Brush the ACS Ecobor 44 well into the surface taking care not overload the brush with the product, particularly on overhead, horizontal faces.
- ACS Ecobor 44 may be used in outdoor conditions provided that the timber treated is then protected from weathering by an appropriate coating or sealant.
- As a surface application the gel will not penetrate through paint, varnishes or other coatings and these should be removed before treatment. ACS Ecobor 44 can be injected through predrilled holes in areas where paint and coatings cannot be removed.
- Clean all tools, brushes and equipment with water.
By brush: 1 litre to 1 – 2 m² of timber surface. Large dimensional timbers may need more than one coat.
By injection: Apply as necessary or until refusal through pre-drilled holes.
Shelf Life & Storage:
- Twelve months in unopened, sealed containers.
- Store in original packaging, unopened or sealed in a dry, safe place.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Keep away from food, drink and animal feeds.
- Viscosity may be reduced at elevated temperatures.
ACS Wood Treatment Comparisons
|Timber Treat||Ecobor 44||Borotreat 10P|
|Description||Wood preservative||Wood treatment||Wood preservative|
|Active against||Decay fungi, Sap stain||Dry and Wet rot, Wood boring insects||Wood rotting fungi, Wood boring insects|
|Uses||Pre-treatment of external joinery, cladding, fascia, shutters, railings||Large timbers, joist ends, purlins, wall plates||Roof timbers, Internal joinery, Internal floorboards|
|Packaging||Ready to use liquid||Ready to use gel||Powder concentrate to be mixed with water|
|Number of coats||2 – 3||1||1 (2 for severe cases)|
|Coverage/litre||6 m²||1 – 2m²||4 – 8m²|
|Top coat required||Yes||Yes||–|
|Internal||No (but can be used on external facing surfaces eg inside of windows)||Yes||Yes|
|Top coat needed||–||No||No|
|Active ingredients||IPBC, Tebuconazole||DOT, BAC||DOT|
|Bat Friendly (TIN092)||Yes||No||No|
|Size||1, 2.5 and 5 Litre||2.5 and 5 Litre||0.5kg|
COPR: Control of Pesticides Regulations 1986
BPR: Biocidal Products Regulations
IPBC: Iodopropynyl Butyl Carbanate
DOT: Disodium Octaborate Tetrahydrate
BAC: Benzalkonium Chloride
TIN092: Natural England Technical Information Note TIN092
Coverage by brush: 1 litre to 1 – 2 m² of timber surface. Large dimensional timbers may need more than one coat.