Foam Glass Aggregate by GEOCELL®. A high quality insulation hardcore made from 100% recycled glass.
GEOCELL Foam Glass Aggregate is an insulation material for underground use. Foamed glass aggregate saves energy and also contributes to a comfortable indoor environment.
An LABC Certified product, GEOCELL Foam Glass is both economical and environmentally sound.
- EXCELLENT INSULATION VALUES – lambda = 0.08 w/mK.
- STRONG – due to its cell structure, GEOCELL provides excellent compressive strength.
- NON-CAPILLARY, NON-COMBUSTIBLE – comprised of closed cells and do therefore not absorb water. Classified as an A 1 fire resistant building material.
- STABLE – inert and resistant to insects and rodents.
- SUSTAINABLE AND ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY – made from 100% recycled glass and essentially pH-neutral.
- CE CERTIFICATION – CE Mark that meets the requirements of the applicable EC directives.
- SAVES TIME AND MONEY – quicker to install than other methods and can therefore cut labour time and cost.
|We do the maths!
It can be complicated working out volumes and U-values. So just tell us what you need and we will work it out for you. For example, we can calculate all the design information you need for your floor: thickness, insulation values using our accredited design programme, along with full material quotes including delivery.
Foam Glass Uses
Foam glass aggregate (or gravel) by GEOCELL is extremely versatile because of its unique characteristics. It is light weight, load bearing, draining, fire resistant and insulating.
Foamed glass aggregate is a sustainable replacement construction material for:
- Foundation details.
- GlassCrete (limecrete) floors.
- Sub-base for modern floor slabs.
- Timber frame floor (without slab).
- Green roofs and landscaping.
- Slope stabilization.
- Lightweight back fill (vaulted ceiling).
- Sports turf/arenas.
Foamed glass aggregate is used in the same way as coated clay aggregate. However, it is also capable of being used as a load bearing hardcore.
It also offers better insulation (approximately 20% better in thermal performance than lightweight expanded clay aggregate). It therefore needs less depth to achieve a similar thermal performance.
Selecting an appropriate insulation is especially crucial in old buildings. GEOCELL Foam Glass combines a drainage layer and insulation in a single product, thus reducing depth.
Suitable for insulation sub-bases in single/multi family houses, schools, swimming pools and even more……
GEOCELL is unaffected by water and is environmentally green. GEOCELL is made from waste glass that can also be reused or recycled again.
For examples of GEOCELL Foam Glass used as part of limecrete floor systems please visit www.limecrete.net.
For large projects, direct loads up to 90 m³ are available with prices starting from £75+VAT per m³.
10/30 mm Fine, 10/60 mm Standard
|GEOCELL unit sizes||
1 m³ bulk bag, 2 m³ bulk bag, 90 m³ loose load