Lightweight Expanded Clay Aggregate by Techniclay consists of porous, ceramic granules formed by expanding special clay at high temperature.
Lightweight expanded clay aggregate uses:
- Mike Wye LABC approved limecrete floor systems.
- Geo-technical and Civil Engineering Projects.
- Ground Insulation.
- Concrete Block Manufacture.
Mix 0-20 mm Uncoated lightweight expanded clay aggregate with NHL for use with limecrete floors as an insulating, light weight aggregate in slabs.
The 10-20 mm Coated version of the lightweight clay aggregate is free-draining and is non-capillary action. It has good load-bearing properties and good thermal qualities (k = 0.11 W/mK) making it suitable as a sub-base in limecrete floor systems.
Expanded clay nodules are produced by sophisticated pyrogenic technology whereby geo-chemically specific clay is expanded to 5 times its original volume in a rotary kiln at a specifically controlled temperature and rate of flow.
Each individual clay nodule is composed of hundreds of minute air cells, contained within a hard and strong vitrified outer shell.
- Low density.
- Improved thermal performance.
- Sustainable (reduced quarrying of virgin aggregates).
- Blends with local aggregates for maximum economy.
- Naturally non-combustible.
- Increased yield.
- Proven durability.
- Manufactured in the UK.
The weight varies due to the variation in moisture content.
|50 Litre bag weight||1.2m3 Bulk bag weight|