Our traditional Heritage lime plaster is suitable for an internal top coat skim.
Lime plaster offers advantages over cement based mortars and pure gypsum plasters for the internal plastering of traditional properties; especially when decorated with a natural, breathable paint:
- Their porosity allows the structure to “breathe”.
- They can accommodate general movement better.
- Their self-healing nature reduces cracking problems.
- They can reduce condensation problems.
As with all lime putty based materials the best outcome requires patience and careful control of drying and suction. The reward for this being a good looking and long lasting plaster.
The mix ratios relate to: fine sand/lime putty, by volume:
- Our lime rich Heritage lime plaster is suited for general internal plastering, ceilings and when skimming on to plasterboard. For plasterboard, it will be necessary to first scrim the joints with a thin coat of gypsum to secure the scrim tape. Alternatively lime wall finish smooth may be used. The primer, DG27, should then be applied over the whole surface before lime plastering.
|Lime Plaster Unit Sizes||
19 kg tub, 500 kg dumpy bag
You may also like
Excl. delivery & VAT. Bulk discounts are available.