Natural Paint Course: a one day practical course on the use of natural, traditional and modern paints and finishes.
The constituents of modern natural paints are often based on materials used to make traditional decorating materials. We begin the natural paint course with a presentation giving a brief outline of the history of different paints and the benefits of using them and their modern natural derivatives.
Our approach is to create a relaxed environment where you will enjoy trying out a wide range of paints, oils, waxes and varnishes. If you want to bring samples of wood, or even small items of furniture to experiment on, you are welcome to do so. All brushes and materials are provided but please bring protective/work clothing.
Course numbers are limited to 7 to ensure our time can be dedicated to all those attending.
Tools, paints and finishes are available for purchase at the end of course.
The courses are held at our warehouse in Buckland Filleigh Sawmills, Devon. For further details or to book a course please contact us.
What does it cost?
£120 including lunch and VAT.
What dates are available?
- TBA – please contact us for interest in the course.
How do I book?
Call the office during opening hours and make a payment by card or post a cheque. You can also make a provisional booking by email but your place will only be confirmed once payment has been received.
Where can I stay locally?
- Haddiport House, Buckland Filleigh, 07714-313347
- Lake Farmhouse, Sheepwash 01409-231582
- Hay Meadow Farm Ashwater Beaworthy Devon EX21 5DJ UK. Landline 01409 211527 Mobile 07854 248470
- The Devil’s Stone Inn, Shebbear – 01409 281210
- Anzac, Shebbear – 01409 281838
- Hay House, Shebbear 01409-281827
- Forda Farm, Thornbury, 01409 261369
- Galmington Farm, Buckland Filleigh, 01409-281148
- Bason Farm, Bradford, 01409 281277
- Buttermoor Farm, Milton Damerel, 01409 261314
- Hole Station Campsite , Highampton 01409 231266
For more accommodation and information about the local area click here
|9.15 – 9.30am||Course assembles for tea/coffee & introduction.|
|Presentation: brief history of paint|
|Glue paints – Casein & Distemper|
|Natural emulsions & claypaints|
|Mineral paints – limewash, limepaint & silicate masonry paint|
|1.00-1.45pm||Lunch – light buffet provided in the office|
|Oil paints & eggshells|
|Priming & Hard oils|
|Waxes & varnishes|
|Wood whitening techniques|
|4.00– 4.30pm||Decorative effects|