Natural Paint Course: a one day practical course on the use of natural and traditional paints, oils and waxes.
Participants on the Natural Paint Course work on a wide range of traditional and natural decorative materials including:
- Clay paint
- Linseed paint (stand oil paint)
- Lime paint
- Silicate paint
- Chalk paint, including distemper
- Natural hard oil
- Wood whitening techniques (liming)
- Decorative effects
We begin the natural paint course with a presentation giving a brief outline of the history of different paints and the benefits of using them.
Our approach is to create a relaxed environment where you will enjoy trying out a wide range of paints, oils, waxes and varnishes. We will provide small items of woodwork to decorate and take away at the end of the course. If you want to bring your own samples of wood, or even small items of furniture to experiment on, you are welcome to do so.
All brushes and materials are provided but please bring protective/work clothing.
Course numbers are limited to 7 to ensure our time can be dedicated to all those attending.
Tools, paints and finishes are available for purchase at the end of course.
The courses are held at our warehouse in Buckland Filleigh Sawmills, Devon.
For further information or to book, call our office during opening hours and make a payment by card. You can also make an enquiry online by selecting ‘ADD TO QUOTE’ and pay into our trading account by bank transfer. Your place will only be confirmed once payment has been received.
What does it cost?
£80+VAT including lunch.
What dates are available?
- Friday 16th February.
How do I book?
Call the office during opening hours and make a payment by card. You can also make an enquiry online by selecting ‘ADD TO QUOTE’ and pay into our trading account by bank transfer. Your place will only be confirmed once payment has been received.
Where can I stay locally?
- Haddiport House, Buckland Filleigh, 07714-313347
- Lake Farmhouse, Sheepwash 01409-231582
- Hay Meadow Farm Ashwater Beaworthy Devon EX21 5DJ UK. Landline 01409 211527 Mobile 07854 248470
- The Devil’s Stone Inn, Shebbear – 01409 281210
- Anzac, Shebbear – 01409 281838
- Hay House, Shebbear 01409-281827
- Forda Farm, Thornbury, 01409 261369
- Galmington Farm, Buckland Filleigh, 01409-281148
- Bason Farm, Bradford, 01409 281277
- Buttermoor Farm, Milton Damerel, 01409 261314
- Hole Station Campsite , Highampton 01409 231266
For more accommodation and information about the local area click here
|9.15 – 9.30am||Course assembles for tea/coffee & introduction.|
|Presentation: brief history of paint|
|Glue paints – Casein & Distemper|
|Natural emulsions & claypaints|
|Mineral paints – limewash, limepaint & silicate masonry paint|
|1.00-1.45pm||Lunch – light buffet provided in the office|
|Oil paints & eggshells|
|Priming & Hard oils|
|Waxes & varnishes|
|Wood whitening techniques|
|4.00– 4.30pm||Decorative effects|