Natural Hydraulic Lime by St Astier is supplied in three strength grades: NHL 2, NHL 3.5 and NHL 5.
St Astier NHL is mixed with sand to make lime mortars which set with the addition of water – hence the term ‘hydraulic’.
These high quality building limes are made in France and fully meet the requirements of BS EN 459-1 2001.
- Supplied as a powder in 25 kg moisture resistant bags.
- Use St Astier Natural Hydraulic Lime as a constituent of lime mortars for a wide range of applications.
- Lime mortars have excellent work-ability and good water retention when applied to most masonry surfaces.
- Natural hydraulic lime mortars have lower strength compared with Portland cement mortars which allows mixes to be produced to complement weaker natural stone and brick. Lime mixes can also improve plasticity and retain a high level of cohesion with low shrinkage.
- St Astier Natural Hydraulic Lime mortars have excellent resistance to sulfates in either ground waters or in masonry.
- 3.5 and 5 strength lime mortars have good resistance to freezing and thawing actions.
For guidance and information visit www.naturalhydrauliclime.net