STEICO Protect Dry is an external thermal insulation composite system made from wood fibre.
- Suitable for use with direct render systems.
- Ideal for timber frame constructions, solid wood walls and renovation of walls.
- Robust and economic on-site handling.
- Manufactured in dry process. Lightweight homogenous boards.
- Excellent thermal characteristics in summer and winter.
- Hydrophobic and water vapour open system for robust constructions.
Areas of Application
- Wood fibre insulation board for use in External Thermal Insulation Composite Systems (ETICS).
STEICO Protect M Dry
Thickness from 80 to 160 mm, also available in larger sizes.
Both the 40mm & 60mm Protect Dry boards are no longer available and have been superseded by the STEICO Duo Dry
STEICO Protect L Dry
Thickness from 180 to 240 mm for the renovation of existing masonry walls.
Dimensions & Coverage
We hold substantial stocks of 80mm, 100mm and 120mm boards in our UK warehouse. Other sizes are special order and may take several weeks or months from order to delivery.
|Thickness [mm]*||Edge||Board Type||Dimensions for coverage [mm]||Coverage / board [m²]||Total board size including T&G profile (mm)|
|80||T&G||M||1300 x 575||0.747||1325 x 600|
|100||T&G||M||1300 x 575||0.747||1325 x 600|
|120||T&G||M||1300 x 575||0.747||1325 x 600|
|140 Full pallets only||T&G||M||1300 x 575||0.747||1325 x 600|
|160 Full pallets only||T&G||M||1300 x 575||0.747||1325 x 600|
|180 Full pallets only||Square||L||1200 x 400||0.48||1200 x 400|
|200 Full pallets only||Square||L||1200 x 400||0.48||1200 x 400|
|220 Full pallets only||Square||L||1200 x 400||0.48||1200 x 400|
|240 Full pallets only||Square||L||1200 x 400||0.48||1200 x 400|
T&G = Tongue & Groove / SE = Square edge
M = Medium density / L = Low density
|Parameters||Type H||Type M||Type L|
|Fire class according to EN 13501-1||E||E||E|
|Declared thermal conductivity λD [W/ (m*K)]||0.043||0.040||0.037|
|Water vapour diffusion resistance factor μ||3||3||3|
|Specific heat capacity [J / (kg*K)]||2.100||2.100||2.100|
|Compression strength [kPa]||200||100||50|
|Tensile strength perpendicular to face ^ [kPa]||30||20||10|
We are a STEICO stock-holding distributor with full, dedicated warehousing for immediate dispatch. Contact our friendly and knowledgeable STEICO experts who can help guide you through every step of the process:
- Helping with design and specification.
- Calculating U-values and other parameters.
- Calculating the quantities of each product you’ll need.
- Quoting for direct delivery to site from our UK based STEICO warehouse of wood fibre insulation.
You can contact our friendly team by phone, by email or by completing the form found at the bottom of the page.
To view our full STEICO wood fibre insulation range click here.