Supaloft Recycled Insulation: Thermafleece
Supaloft by Thermafleece is an itch-free sustainable insulation quilt manufactured from recycled plastic bottles.
Supaloft offers a safe, sustainable and cost effective way to insulate your loft. It contains 100% recycled polyester and is made almost entirely from recycled plastic bottles. It contains no harmful chemicals or binders and is completely safe to handle.
Supaloft is long-lasting and safe to handle. What’s more, energy savings mean the insulation pays for itself in a just a few years. It can be used to insulate between and over rafters or simply laid on to of existing insulation to improve overall insulation performance.
- Width (mm) – 370, 570
- Thickness (mm) – 100 & 150 , 140
- Thermal conductivity – 0.040 W/mK
- Vapour open
- Made in the UK
- >95% recycled content
- Manufactured to ISO 9001 & 14001
- Can be recycled
- All levels
- Other – can be used in walls and between rafters
- Acoustic – Walls, floors & roofs
Why Insulate with Supaloft?
- Insulating: a property will significantly reduce the amount of energy lost from the building envelope, reducing energy consumption and carbon dioxide released to the atmosphere.
- Affordable: Insulating with Supaloft is a very cost effective alternative to glass or other mineral insulation. What’s more, the energy it saves means Supaloft quickly pays for itself.
- Long Lasting: Supaloft contains a lofting agent to maintain durability and is designed to last the life of the building in which it is installed.
- Quality Assured: manufactured and supplied in accordance with ISO 9001 quality and ISO 14001 environmental management systems.
- Sustainable: – can reduce CO2 emissions by many tonnes over the lifetime of use. What’s more, it is made from recycled plastic bottles and has a recycled content of more than 95%.
- Vapour Open: an open non-woven material that allows water vapour to pass through the insulation.
- Safe: Supaloft is safe to handle and can be recycled or safely disposed of at the end of its life.
- Performance: Thermal Conductivity: 0.040 Wm-1K-1
- Density: 13 kgm-3
- Water Absorption: (@100% RH): 0% w/w
- Specific Heat Capacity: 1000 Jkg-1K-1
- Vapour Resistivity: 5 MN·s·g–1m–1
- Ignition Point: >500oC
- Flammability to BS 5803-4: Pass