SupaSoft by Thermafleece is a sustainable insulation quilt manufactured from recycled plastic bottles.
SupaSoft offers a safe, sustainable and cost effective way to insulate your home. It contains 100% recycled polyester and is made almost entirely from recycled plastic bottles. It contains no harmful chemicals or binders and is completely safe to handle.
SupaSoft is long-lasting and safe to handle. What’s more, energy savings mean the insulation pays for itself in a just a few years. It can be used to insulate between and over rafters or simply laid on to of existing insulation to improve overall insulation performance.
- Pack 100 mm x 390 mm (3 rolls) = 8.19 m²
- Pack 100 mm x 590 mm (2 rolls) = 8.26 m²
- Pack 150 mm x 390 mm (3 rolls) = 5.44 m²
- Pack 150 mm x 590 mm (2 rolls) = 5.49 m²
- Width (mm) – 390, 590
- Thickness (mm) – 100 & 150 , 140
- Thermal conductivity – 0.040 W/mK
- Vapour open
- Made in the UK
- >95% recycled content
- Manufactured to ISO 9001 & 14001
- Can be recycled
- All levels
- Other – can be used in walls and between rafters
- Acoustic – Walls, floors & roofs
Why Insulate with SupaSoft?
- Insulating: a property will significantly reduce the amount of energy lost from the building envelope, reducing energy consumption and carbon dioxide released to the atmosphere.
- Affordable: Insulating with SupaSoft is a very cost effective alternative to glass or other mineral insulation. What’s more, the energy it saves means it can quickly pays for itself.
- Long Lasting: SupaSoft contains a lofting agent to maintain durability and is designed to last the life of the building in which it is installed.
- Quality Assured: manufactured and supplied in accordance with ISO 9001 quality and ISO 14001 environmental management systems.
- Sustainable: SupaSoft can reduce CO2 emissions by many tonnes over the lifetime of use. What’s more, it is made from recycled plastic bottles and has a recycled content of more than 95%.
- Vapour Open: an open non-woven material that allows water vapour to pass through the insulation.
- Safe: SupaSoft is safe to handle and can be recycled or safely disposed of at the end of its life.
- Performance: Thermal Conductivity: 0.040 Wm-1K-1
- Density: 13 kgm-3
- Water Absorption: (@100% RH): 0% w/w
- Specific Heat Capacity: 1000 Jkg-1K-1
- Vapour Resistivity: 5 MN·s·g–1m–1
- Ignition Point: >500oC
- Flammability to BS 5803-4: Pass
- Smoulder resistance to BS 5803-4: Pass
- Recoverability and thickness, EN823: Pass
- Dimensional stability to EN1604: Pass
Installation and Handling
SupaSoft insulation is harmless and can be installed without gloves or protective clothing, although we recommend you wear a dust mask in enclosed spaces such as lofts. SupaSoft insulation can be used in conjunction with a vapour permeable membrane to retain the benefits of vapour permeability.
100 x 370
100 x 570
150 x 370
150 x 570